Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Samsung HL-S5087W 50-Inch 1080p DLP HDTV.. started out as fan

Customer Question

Samsung HL-S5087W 50-Inch 1080p DLP HDTV.. started out as fan #2 error..replaced it.. now..just cooling fan inside not working normally :(
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 months ago.
HelloWelcome I am not sure what you mean by "now just cooling fan not working normally"?is this the same fan you replaced?what are the exact symptoms of the fault please? Anthony
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
screen led error codes.. state.. 'a cooling fan inside the set is not operating normally'
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
before.. fan #1 was spinning when it turned on... not nither will spin.. not will the set turn on
So the lights are blinking the sequence that indicated the fan not working , now did you replace the fan with the EXACT replacement?
What I mean by that is the fan will have a part-number and did you replace it with that same part-number? Anthony
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
can't afford phone call.... exact replacement.. did a bit of research online. process is rather simple.. but now the current errors code .. same model # ***** the fan replaced
Can you please tell me exactly what lights are blinking on the front of the set? you will have standby\temp>>timer>>lamp
Please do not use phone call
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
far left and far right lights blinking... have manual with me.... printed out some of it
OK look at this logically you had an error on screen fan 2 error now you do not have the fan 2 error but the set is now reporting a blinking fan error, that tells me that something is wrong with that fan you fitted, before the ORIGINAL fan may have not been upto speed but something is not correct with the new fan?
Please put the ORIGINAL fan back in to get back to stage 1 and let me know if the set starts up and reports a fan error
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
also.. have put original fan back in.... same error message as I just shared with you
But you did originally have a screen report error?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this is fan #2 .... not number 1... have already put original fan back in.. 2 blinking led lights
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
told you.. original error message.... ' fan #2 not working'
Did you have a report on the screen indcating a fan error ?I think you are confusing things here because the set reports fan errors on screen like fan 2 or fan 3 error
The only thing left now is that you have replaced the wrong fan?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
oh my goodness... two different errors messages.... 1st one.. fan #2 error.. set turned on then shut itself down 2nd... error is just the blinking led lights.. set will not turn on
The set has 4 or in some cases 5 fans
Thank you for the more comprehensive description
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
fan #2 is behind the lamp.. correct?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I wait here?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
do not answer...going to cancel this membership.. thank you!