Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a sony wega KDF-ES0A10 tv, the screen suddenly went

Customer Question

I have a sony wega KDF-ES0A10 tv, the screen suddenly went black and there is no sound. If this requires a bulb replacement what bukb would replace it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me exactly what lights you see on the front of the tv?You should have 3 of them, I need to know what each is doing (color, solid/flashing, any pattern, etc)?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no flashing lights just the green on light
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Can you bring up the sony menu at all?
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
If not, unplug power to the tv for 60 seconds then watch the front carefully after plugging in, and after pressing the power button once. What happens then?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did not and was not satisfied with the answer because It didn't tell me what my problem was. I would have occurred other expences in order to get the answer, not what I expected.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
I have not provided an answer yet. I cannot do so without complete and accurate details from you. This is a conversation, and a diagnostic process. I do not have a magic wand to fix your tv through the computer. I need to ask you a few questions and collect more information to diagnose and then address the problem. Can you please complete the specific steps that I have requested, and provide the resulting information?