Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Sony tv I received 4 months ago. There is loose connection

Customer Question

I have a Sony tv I received 4 months ago. There is loose connection where the tv is turned on by the remote. You can not evem turn the tv on manually. The tv was given to me at a Honda dealership when I bought my car. I do not have a receipt, but the tv should be covered by a warranty of some sort.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
How do you mean a loose connection ?Some loose parts on the tv ?
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
Do you have the model number of this tv ?Its on the back cover
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is a blinking light when it is working but not now. There is no sound
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
Did it quit while watching it or simply would not come on today ?Any electrical storm or power blackout in your area prior to this ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No elec. or power storm and it went off whilr I was watching it
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
O.k then you got a dead power board . If you want to check the warranty , use the link below but right now you are like a 3rd party and that Honda dealer is the original customer so you may not be covered , check it and if that is the case then give me the model number and I`ll tell you the details .Click this link ; https://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there a way I can contact you later. I have to tske my grandaughter to the dr and it could take a while?
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
There are quite a few ways , you could log in justanswer and go to the tab above that says "my questions" , click on it and you will see this post .You can also make yourself a shortcut on the desktop , a bookmark or copy this link;http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/7fc2e3cf8a86417ab7199f7802db95b3If you left an email with justanswer you will have links there as well
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will send you info as soon as I return.
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
No problem .