Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Sharp Aquoa 50 inch TV serial number(###) ###-####on/off switch

Customer Question

My Sharp Aquoa 50 inch TV serial number(###) ###-####on/off switch does not work.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- Does power light on TV turn On or blinks?Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1 model number LC-50LE44OU
2 yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the info.Does power light blink contentiously or is there any pattern like 2 times slow blinks then 5 times fast blinks then pause for few seconds and repeat the blink pattern? Flashing power light is an error code and I'm trying to get that error code which will help to diagnose the issue.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The power light does not blink
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
OK, so it stays solid - Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and press Power button, does it work?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The power light does not blink
Pulled the plug and waited 10 min light comes on but does not blink
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
OK, did you press Power button on TV itself to turn it ON?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Pressed power button on remote
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
I would recommend to press power button on TV itself.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Tried that but does not work
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
OK, was there any thunder storm in area that caused this issue in TV?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No Tried to shut off TV with remote but cannot.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for helping me in troubleshooting, this kind of problem occurs due to failure of EEPROM (memory) chip on main board of TV, EEPROM chip stores TV firmware (internal software) data and bad EEPROM chip isn't allowing TV firmware to boot up so it get stuck. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.If TV is out of warranty then you would replace EEPROM chip on main board which is available at following supplier for $15 or replace entire main board in TV..http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-lc-39le440u-9jy0139ctj01100-main-board-u3102-eeprom-only.htmhttp://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LC-50LE440UIf you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://tvrepaircanada.com/I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.