Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have a Panasonic TV and the projection lamp had to be changed.

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TV and the projection lamp had to be changed. I am a women 68 years old I put the new bulb in I remember from last time it has to be reset but I don't know how to do that. I'm just getting a blinking red light on the on and off button. Help. Irene
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website. Needing to reset the lamp counter does not prevent the tv from turning on. There is something else wrong. It may be that the lamp DOOR was not put back on the tv. The tv will not turn on if the DOOR is not fully seated. I suggest you reseat the lamp and reseat the DOOR. If that does not help then the tv needs professional diagnosis. To find a trusted local repair shop, enter your zip code at Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?