Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I'm nick. My Sony Bravia KDL 32bx300 is turning

Customer Question

Hi ***** *****. I'm nick. My Sony Bravia KDL 32bx300 is turning off and on. I'm trying to reset with the initial set up but it can't get through that without shutting off again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its Nick. Its turning itself off and on repeatedly. I can't watch tv.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 months ago.
HelloWelcome When it shuts off is the power-light blinking red please? Anthony
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Anthony,The power light is solid green then flashing green when it kicks off.I've been trying to do a factory restart / set up. It would not get through that cycle without turning off again for 30-40 minutes.It finally went through the whole restart cycle and seems to be working fine now.
Your country of posting has not come up are you in the UK?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i'm in the us. new york. I think i've fixed it through the factory reset. It stayed on long enough to get through that reset after many attempts.
OK these sets are sold all over the world same model however its very important I know the country because its the firmware that controls the set that is bad you will need to upgrade the firmware, its the firmware bad that is making the set switch off erratically do you understand this so far? Anthony
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm in the USA. Right now, its doing ok after the factory reset went through. I don't really understand firmware etc but maybe I will do that if it begins to behave erratically again. Would you send me instructions to get to that firmware?
Yes go to the sony site and look under support for your model the firmware should be there (if its available) if its not available then the main-board will need to be replaced however you do need to consider cost as these smaller sets are now very cheap a replacement main-board is $80_$100I cant get onto the sony site Let me know if you need more help Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS Many Thanks Anthony
Do you need any more help with this please?please understand a reset is just a band aid it wont last Anthony
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Anthony,I think i'm ok for now. I'll check the firmware. If it happens again I'll check the cost of main board replacement vs getting a new tv.Thanks
Nick could you please rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page?its the only way I receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** the question remains open always Anthony