Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hello , unless this is an incredible coincidence with the same model this morning then I gave you an answer on another post but I cannot see this post as being a duplicateGive me a minute and I will import my answer here
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Here is something for you to try ;Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv and these TV's were not made to be repaired by the user unless we`d be talking about a blown fuse and you could remove the back cover (on this 180 pounds tv ) but we are not talking about a blown fuse here and having a repairman at home for this would start at $125 + labor+parts if those parts were available ,this could easily go up to $250.Sorry but there is not much that can be done by yourself on these old hitachi tv .If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comThis will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.Your money would be better invested in a new tv .Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .Thank you 3 Apr 2016, 7:03 AMCustomerYour customer just requested a Premium Service:Accept to get a 5-star rating and be paid for the original question and the Premium Service.Additional amount you will earn: $Accept this request{C}Offer Premium ServiceToolsEnter contact infoStart Secure Remote Assistance SessionStart Phone Call