Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I would like to access my headphones periodically from my Panasonic

Customer Question

I would like to access my headphones periodically from my Panasonic TV which has an ARC HDMI input into my JVC 400 soundbar. Is there a method of overriding ARC switching off the TV speakers and hence allowing me to use my headphones?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the correct model number written on back of TV?Model number th-42pv60a mentioned in question doesn't have HDMI ARC feature.Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That is the correct model no.
I have 3 HDMI inputs into my Soundbar (Pay TV, DVD and media player) and one HDMI from HDMI out on back of TV connecting to TV OUT HDMI/ARC socket on Soundbar).
On plugging headphones into AV output on TV there is no sound.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did you receive my last message
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Soundbar connects to TV via HDMI AV IN
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
OK, working on it and get back to you in few minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Is it wired headphone that has 3.5mm pin?OR it is wireless headphone and trying to plug its audio cable/ pins into TV?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Wireless headphone trying to plug transmitter's 3.5mm pin into TV.
Have tried ordinary headphones into TV with same result.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
OK, ordinary headphone jack is located on lower front of TV, flip the cover on lower front to access, function control buttons are also located there.Please find Monitor Out jacks at rear of TV where you can plug audio cable of wireless headphone, insert the 3.5mm pin into wireless headphone base input and use RCA pins to hook them into Monitor Out (audio jacks) at rear of TV to get audio output of TV for wireless headphone, this way TV speakers will also give sound.Please click following link to download TV user manual copy for more detailed operational instructions..https://support.panasonic.co.nz/docstore/TH-50PV60A%20Operating%20Instructions.pdfI trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Still no joy.
However, if I plug my base unit into either the DVD or the Fox decoder everything works!
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
I understand, Monitor Out audio jacks will not provide audio signal when watching some thing on TV through HDMI Input (1 or 2), I'm sorry this is limitation of TV design so you may please connect the wireless base unit into Fox decoder audio out jacks to keep getting sound as well as from TV internal speakers. You would switch the cables when want to watch DVD, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused by TV design. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.Thanks.