Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung LNT4071F TV that begins displaying green tinted

Customer Question

I have a Samsung LNT4071F TV that begins displaying green tinted interference or noise after being on for a short time. Eventually clears then returns to poor picture again. Now, along with that, the picture is upside down all the time. Can't use TV for anything for several years now, just gave up and bought a new TV. Still would like to know if this one can be fixed. TV can't have more than 25 hours of use, as the problem occurred soon after I purchased it in Feb. 2008. I procrastinated since I do not watch TV too often. Should have been a warranty issue.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does TV turn On now and display picture?Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes, but with scan lines vertically and horizontally, and as I described earlier, there is a green tinting over all of screen
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
also picture is displayed upside down
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the info. Can you please provide me picture of TV screen so I can view it which will help me to diagnose the issue bit quickly?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
trying to describe problem picture is difficult. resembles countless hatch Marks, like ###### ***** image you expect to see behind these green hatch
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'll need a few minutes, I removed the back to check for any obvious faulty components.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
OK, TV symptoms indicating failing capacitors on power supply board which caused unstable/ low voltage supplies to other circuit boards in TV and resulted poor quality picture, it also cased delayed power up issue. Please check the power supply board for swollen/ bulged or leaky capacitors and replace them with same rating or swap the entire power supply board which will help to resolve the problem of delayed power On and pixeld image.It would also need to go into TV service menu to find out an option to flip the picture to get it normal on screen. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.