Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a print screen & the model # ***** date

Customer Question

I have a print screen & the model # *****
The date on the back of the screen 8-1012.
What can you do to help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Can you elaborate 'print screen' bit more with details?Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I meant the screen on the tv is PINK
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the date on the back of the tv is 8-2012
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the info.- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Direct tv, dvd & dvr & yes the problems are on all channels
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
OK, so TV screen stays pink if watch Directv channels or DVD movie, is this correct?Is this is correct then there are two circuit boards inside TV that are suspected, either t-con board or main board is causing the problem, however, LVDS cable that connects these two boards could also be defective or misaligned at one end so need to check LVDS cable is plugged securely, if it is fine then swap the main board in TV to see if it helps to resolve the issue.If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here. Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.