Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My 55" HD TV has a fine red line down the center of the screen.

Customer Question

My 55" HD TV has a fine red line down the center of the screen. What does this mean? Am I loosing electricity to the screen or another potential component failure?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. Line on LCD panel is an indication of taping bond failure, in other words the LCD panel (screen) is failing and you might get more lines in coming days, I'm really sorry about this news, replacement of entire LCD panel (screen) is only solution to resolve the problem but it would cost approx new TV price because replacement LCD panel is high cost part and adding the tech labor could exceed new TV price of same size. You would be better off with an new TV instead of spending money and time on this old TV, however, you may please use this TV with the line(s) that wont hurt any thing inside TV nor the screen. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. That's what I thought it would be.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I wish I had better news about TV issue. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.Thanks.