Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

Lightning struck through my arial and i dont know if it

Customer Question

hi lightning struck through my arial and i dont know if it blew my rear projected tv, but the power light comes on you can hear theres powr going thru but when i put it on the light flickers and goes off again.
im someone with a bit of knowledge towards repairing tv's but i dont wanna take chances an i prefer learning an trying to fix it myself first.
please help, any info will be much appreciated.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,It is likely that a lightning strike has done considerable harm to multiple circuit boards inside the TV.To troubleshoot this, you will need circuit schematics for the TV and some test equipment to take voltage readings.When you find incorrect voltage readings around a particular component or board, this will help to narrow down where the problem lies and the part(s) can then be replaced. You will also need a soldering iron if you plan to replace parts at component level.Let me know what experience you have in this type of work, and what tools you have available?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?