Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

KDL-40Z4100 TV working normal when picture disappeared and

Customer Question

TV working normal when picture disappeared and sound continued normal.
Standby LED light flashing red. What could be the problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Does the sound actually come from the tv or some other device like a sound bar or sound system ?While the light blinks at the front , does it pause briefly at times ?If so , could you count the number of blinks between those short pause ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The sound comes from the TV.
There are 12 light blinks between the pauses.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hello again.O.k then you have 2 clues as to the diagnostic , the sound still present and the 12 blinks code bot point to a defective T-CON board part # ***** (40T02-C05)You can get that board at the link below for $100 if you are into repairing this yourself ; you can search for a Canadian supplier with that part number , sorry ,all suppliers I found (and there are few of them ) are American , this board is not even sold by sony as they do not sell it separate from the lcd panel.If you are not to look into repairing this yourself then you can easily expect a repair bill of $250 + done by a shop If i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at some 8 years old and the fact that you can get a new 50" (this is a 40") tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you