Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a blurry picture after replacing a dlp chip on my samsung

Customer Question

i have a blurry picture after replacing a dlp chip on my samsung tv.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i had white dots all over the screen, so I replaced the dlp chip. now the picture is blurry, but the white dots are gone.
JA: Anything else I can tell the TV Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: nope, thats it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- Does the TV own menu also appear blur?Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
model no. HL61A650C1FXZA Yes, the menu is blurry as well.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the info, it seems the DLP chip isn't mounted properly or its screws aren't tight enough to keep it in place, can you recheck the work done for DLP chip replacement?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it will take me a little while, but yes i can do that.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
No problem, please take your time and reply back with the info.Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok, tried resetting the chip twice...picture still blurry.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Sorry to hear that, is the replacement chip exactly the same as of old one?Also, can you please find any focus alignment screws where DLP chip is mounted?Did you try to move focus ring behind the front lens of light engine in attempt to focus the picture?Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are the focus screws the ones with the springs?
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Correct. Can you provide me picture of DLP chip area so I can view it?