Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

42" Vizio E420i-AO. Sound but no picture. Light shined at

Customer Question

42" Vizio E420i-AO. Sound but no picture. Light shined at an angle to the screen reveals that there is picture. Assume no backlight. Installed new inverter board. Back to sound but no picture. HELP.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website. This means that the LED Backlights inside the screen are defective. This is not something that any repair shop will ever attempt because of much intense hours of labor and risk of damaging the screen internals. The only possible fix would be to replace the entire screen which is more expensive than a new 42" tv. I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.
Hello, just checking back in to see if you read my answer or if you need more help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?