Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

2007 vizio jv50 hdtv 10aphlanbh450660 sn nov 2007

Customer Question

2007 vizio jv50 hdtv 10a
phlanbh450660 sn
nov 2007 mfg date
will not turn on right away flip on and off 15-20 times it will come on some times with sound other times with out or vis versa
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 months ago.
HelloWelcome Please to begin with reboot any satellite or cable box you may be using by unplugging both from wall-power waiting 5 mins then re-plugging both back in again, let me know if there is any change in the situation thanks, ***** ***** on from that if necessary Anthony
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Has been tried
Heard a part would work looking for verification
I understand but there is a procedure to follow to cover all bases its not possible (because so many things cause same issues) to give a flat out answer, the next thing to look at would be bad capacitors on the power-board have you done that? Anthony
You still with me please?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Tried the un plugging ect
What's next
I have replied above ?have you checked the capacitors on the power-board?do you know what I am referring to? Anthony
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not even close to knowing what tools would I need
Hello The back will need to come off the set trace the power-cord to the power-board grouped in a corner of this board are the capacitors <<click this is a VISUAL check again as a procedural troubleshooting exercise you need to examine those capacitors for leaking or ballooning up or raised domed tops (you could send me a photo if you are unsure by using the paperclip on your toolbar) Anthony