littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

Question old Panasonic Omnivision VSH Sereal # H2aa27229

Customer Question

Question for an old Panasonic Omnivision VSH
Sereal # *****
Model # *****
Someone was trying to play VSH with wrong remote their is now a solid black square on the screen when you try to watch Cable TV it onle goes away if you play with sound volume to go up or down , thee is nothong wrong with cable connection It seems to be locked on some selcted function, can you help me get rid of this?
Thank you
Dorian B. Schneider
Greenlawn, NY (###) ###-####
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. I'll need a little more information.

Which remote was used to make the black square appear?

Is the square there when you watch VHS, or when you watch cable? Or both?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think it was the optimum cable remote I wasn't here, yes it is sold when cable is on and appears in and out when playing tapes

Ok, and so we can tell whether it's your TV or your VHS, turn off your VHS player and just watch cable. Does the box appear? You may need to temporarily bypass the VCR to check. This will tell us whether it's the TV causing the problem, or the VHS player.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it's there on cable

To be clear, with the VCR off, you still see the box? Please give me the model number of your TV.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
PV- C2022 or
120V AC 60HZ

That's the VCR. We've ruled out the VCR as the problem, please give me the model of your TV.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
130 vwu
Manuf actured
Model no
120v ac 60hz
August 2002
Pv- c2022
110 watt
Serial no h2aa27229

Ok, I see now. That's a mystery box, I can see why you're having trouble. Unplug the TV, and hold the power button for one full minute. When you plug it back in, does it ask you to do a channel tune? If so, it's exactly what we want it to do. Tell me if that fixes the problem. That is the reset procedure for that unit.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I turned it off held down the power button when I put it it isat ca03
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Then it goes off

Ok, and is the box still there? We may have to unplug it overnight to reset it fully. Are you able to get it to do anything at all?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can use cable control switch to a channel it come is box still there

Do you have the numbers off of the other remote that was used? If a caption or PIP button was pressed, it could put a box there. I'd like to take a look at that remote.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Off old Panasonic remote
Lsg0278 or 178

You said the wrong remote caused this. I need that remote's model number. The LSSQ0278 is the correct remote for your TV, I need the one that messed it up in the first place.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry
Urc-2464B00
Also has 34400 separately

That's better. On that remote, press each of the color buttons near the top, one at a time. Be sure the box is on the screen before you try this, so you can tell if it works or not. If the color buttons don't work, press the exit button. If it is still there, use the VCR remote, and press the display button a few times. Please tell me the results.

It could also be in your cable box. If the above doesn't work, unplug your TV as well as your cable box for 5 minutes. Plug them back in, and tell me if that does the trick.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nothing happened I'll inch box and tv

I'll be here after you plug them back in. It may take a few minutes for your cable box to boot up.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It didn't work maybe I should leave it off all night I'll try that

Yes, that is how you reset those older VCR/TV combos. Also leave your cable box unplugged. I'll check back for a reply from you tomorrow. Bookmark this page, and we can continue this conversation here. You won't be charged twice.