Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a smart tv model 46pfl3608/f7 and I have dish network

Customer Question

Hello I have a Phillips smart tv model 46pfl3608/f7 and I have dish network cable. I am trying to autoprogram my television to display my cable but I am running into an error that the "channel is not available." It says that a child lock code is present and in order for me to reset the settings on the t.v. I would need a child lock code. I contacted dish network and they found a default code of 0711 to use and it does not work either. Is there a way to reset the settings on this tv or use a working default code? I bought this tv from a pawn shop by the way.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

How exactly is the dish box (receiver) connected to this tv , what type of cables ?

Is it HDMI or color coded component cables ?

Do you have the TV's remote ?

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Hello ?

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Reason for asking your type of connection here is that you may not need to perform the autoprogram .

The only way you may need it would be if for example this was a second tv in another room connected on the dish receiver with a coaxial cable in the TV's antenna/cable terminal at the back .

If that is not the case then let me know and we can skip that part