Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The name is Jenn. I'm trying to connect my Westinghouse tv

Customer Question

Hi Dan the name is***** trying to connect my Westinghouse tv but it says no signal
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure when I turn on the tv and trybti search for channels, I first get a message saying that it is detecting signal then No signal
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What happened? As soon as I paid I was disconnected. I need help now not within 1 business day.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Jenn.

Can you please provide the complete model number of your tv?

What do you have connected to it? Antenna, basic cable, cable/satellite box, etc?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Nathan the model is # *****
Connected to Time Warner Cable
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for confirming, Jenn. Do you have just basic cable, or is there a cable box? What specific connection/port is used?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I want a refund, my first issue was not resolved and now you want to charge me more money for a phone call? I'm sorry, but is this a joke?
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Not a joke at all. This is a legitimate support service, where we help thousands of customers a day with issues just like yours.

I was simply following up to my prior request for more information.

I have not, and cannot, provide an answer, without that.

I asked you a few minutes after your last reply, on march 30th: Do you have just basic cable, or is there a cable box? What specific connection/port is used?

If you'll kindly provide that, we can continue here and I can then provide you an answer.

The call is an optional service, and was offered in case you may be having trouble replying or preferred not to use the chat format.

I would very much like to help you resolve the original issue, but again, communication from you with the requested details would be needed first.