Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I have a '07 32" TV that loses sound intermittantly only on

Customer Question

I have a '07 32" Phillips TV that loses sound intermittantly only on Channel 7 and the HD 1007. The feed is from Cox thru a "Cox Box". If I call Cox, their response is to reset the modem but that doesn't restore the sound. As far as I can tell, this problem only occurs on Channel 7. Is the problem in the T or the Cox Box and is it fixable?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 months ago.

All the sound processing is carried out by the box, the TV just amplifies the sound so for sure its a box issue what you can do is re-boot the box by unplugging the box from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again, do the same with the TV at the same time, if that does not work insist that they swap the box.

Let me know if you need any more help

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Your response was quick and straightforward. I hope that it is convincing to Cox! I may be back for more ammunition.

Thank You but it does not need much figuring out the box is the complete article for pic and sound the TV just "moniters" the box that is all the only thing the TV does for the sound is amplify the signals coming in, if you are losing sound on one channel or two that IS the box

PS please remember to rate the answer so I can receive credit from the site thank you note the question stays open always

Just one other thing make sure the SAP (secondary audio programming) or MTS is switched OFF in the audio menu of the TV and the box settings usually you get a second audio commentary in a different language when this is active but on occasion it can take out the sound

The SAP on the TV or MTS should not be active however just make sure its OFF

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You may be interested in how the problem was fixed. The Cox technician came today, immediately picked up the "Remote", opened the Settings window, went own to the "Audio" setting and reset it to "Primary" and that was it. That setting is right next to "Closed Captioning" and I had apparently inadvertently clicked Audio and reset it to "Alternate" from "Primary". He said he has calls to correct this audio problem on a regular basis.

What remote was that the TV or the BOX remote?if it was the box remote I have no privvy knowledge only the cox people will know about their own stuff , let me know please

Just to add if it was the box remote then its a box issue