Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, electronics has been my highest study, 4 years of home electronics

I had a KLH television manufactured March 2003 model number

Customer Question

I had a KLH television manufactured March 2003 model number k t 2 4 0 6 receiver number 2 2 1 3 8 3 when trying to turn on the television only beep s there is no sound there is no picture what should I do? S there is no sound there is no picture what should I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Joe replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

You can check some basics but I really wouldn't go too far with it due to the extent of the problem. In many cases there are obsolete parts but at the very least is the cost of repair, generally speaking even fixing yourself would normally cost on average for basics problems at least $50+ with many being $100 ish and again that is trying to repair yourself not a professional shop, the problem is that you can purchase a brand new 24" flatscreen led tv from bestbuy, etc right now esp when on sale for right around $100.00, which makes these old tube tv's that are not of something special to someone.... pretty much obsolete.

Try disconnecting everything from the tv and try changing to a different electrical outlet, short of that see if it even powers on and if not it's usually something to do with the powerboard but would require taking the unit apart for testing.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.