Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Sony BRAVIA LCD digital color TV KDL-40V5100

Customer Question

I have a Sony BRAVIA LCD digital color TV KDL-40V5100 .Question, the volume on t v does not work. When volume key is push up or down,the sound remain the same .And on the TV screen a note appears [audio system.vol+]. What can I do to fix it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

1. Are you using the speakers built into the tv or some external speakers like a sound bar or surround sound?

2. Do you have the original Sony remote there in working condition?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

If you are just using the speakers built into the tv then you can get the sound working by using original the Sony tv remote, press:

MENU

goto SOUND

goto SPEAKERS

select TV SPEAKERS

exit the menus and check for normal operation.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before you go, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).

Thank you,