Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a 5 yr 32 in vizio flat screen that will not power

Customer Question

I have a 5 yr 32 in vizio flat screen that will not power back on, is there a fuse that might need be replaced? it has worked perfectly until I tried it this morning
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.

I wish Tv repair were that simple. Very very rarely is the problem just a fuse and usually if the fuse is blown, it is for a reason (some other component overloading). At this point the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further (prior experience with a meter is needed).

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. A shop charges $125 to come diagnose the problem and hand you an estimate. Then another $175 in parts and labor. So the total can be $300 (or more). So, it's better to just take the money you saved and use it toward a new tv.

I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before you go, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).

Thank you,