Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My 62 in tv is having issues. I push the power button and it

Customer Question

Hi. My 62 in tv is having issues. I push the power button and it turns on but turns off right away before anything shows on the screen. Before turning off a horizontal line shows on the very top of the tv with static and colors. I went on vacation and my inlaws stayed at my home. They said it just happened for the first time on Saturday morning but it was perfectly fine before all this Could they have dropped it? My little boy stayed home with them and he kinda told me they did but then he changes his story lol
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's the only issue. The power button is pressed and u can hear it turn on then like 2 seconds later off and the line appears quickly before hearing the shut off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set

Also the age of the set please

What would be a great help is if you can take a pic of this line as it happens and post it here using the paperclip on your toolbar?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have that info now but I will send it asap

OK let me know just come back here please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm back
I found my receipt of when it was purchased
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It only says
2057 75981 LG 60 PDP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 60 inch not 62 sorry

When did you purchase it?what data please

Can you get a pic to me?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
March 7 2012
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a pic

Its not a very good pic that and in any case I need you to take a pic when the line is present?so if you can time it when the line appears please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so here's a recent pic. The line no longer appears. It only appeared like 4 times and that's it. Now what I noticed is if you press the power button the tv turns on and off quickly before showing any picture and also if I press the channel up or the channel down button it also powers on but powers off right away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pic with red button is off. Pic with white button is on...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's the other ...

Its a bad panel, I can't say if its been physically damaged ,they can just fail of there own accord so sorry for dismal news hre

Its not an option to replace the panel sorry the panel is the screen of the set

Let me know if you need more help

I know its bad news however I still ned you to rate the answr 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar at the top of the page with this post thank you so I receive credit from the site thanks again

Anthony