Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My lg lcd tv screen turns to blue..then.. then red...trying

Customer Question

My lg lcd tv screen turns to blue..then..green then red...trying pressing on remote..nothing happpens
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Please postback with the full model number off of the back of the TV as well as how long you have owned it for, and when this problem occurred.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LG 49Ub82OT.ATS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MADE DEC 2014. Own feb 2015
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If perhaps ou mean this- then that is correct: LG 49UB820V

I also asked when the problem occurred- in other words, what were you doing when the screen decided to start color test mode?

Also, if you grab the original LG remote and press MENU, will the TV's MENU display?

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

My name is ***** ***** previous expert has opted out

Please press and hold down the MENU button on the TV remote for 10 seconds let me know if this clears the issue or not please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry typo error. You r right with the model. Nothing displays with whatever buttons i pressed. It is a magic remote... am not sure which is the menu button.. i suppose must be the home button.I was away when this happen. When i came back from holiday... switch on the tv... the color screens came out.

So this is NOT the remote that came with the TV?you MUST have the sets OWN remote if you are to solve this..............let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It came with the TV. This remote looks like a mouse... without any numbers on it. In manual.. it is called Magic remote.

The TV is in burn in mode this is normally a factory test pattern so is there a MENU button on the set itself?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am not sure which is the menu button. Is it the Home button?l
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have pessed all buttons on the darn mouse and nothing works...

I am referring to the SET ITSELF not the remote, have a look on there remember you are stuck in a factory mode we are looking for the code to eliminate this and sometimes its not easy so let me know if you spot a MENU or HOME button on the set itself thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok... checked. There is a joystick at the lower back of the TV. Press it for power on. Left n right for volume. Up n down for program. Pls let me know where else can i find the menu button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
According to the manual ...pressing the on button for a few secs will trigger the menu. It is not happening.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're still having problems. I'm Aric the original Expert/ I had to step away but am back now. The TV is stuck in factory color test mode, and generally this means the TV has had a fault with the Mainboard. That joystick as you've found is the multi-function button on the TV (power, input, menu, etc.).

Please try the following steps and let me know how it works out.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the joystick button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Wait a minute, then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power/joystick once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry... fell asleep while waiting for a reply. Then was 2 am over at this part of the globe.I tried what you have prescribed. Regret to inform you that the donkey TV is not responding.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm very sorry to hear that and this is bad news. This means your TV's Mainboard is tanked and requires either replacement, or a re-flash specifically through an LG authorized company. I understand you mentioned the purchase date was February of 2015, and this would indicate that the factory warranty has run out.