Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Link plz, j,

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: link plz
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: j
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

All as I see above is "yes" and "link plz" you do not have another question open as far as I know?can you let me know your question please if all is in order?

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry about that,I have a 50" Sanyo TV, I'm getting no audio from my PS4 via an HDMI cable and I get the message "please use HDMI1 and audio input 3 for DVI connection". I plug in my Wii U, via the same HDMI cable and I don't get the message, and I get sound. So It's not the HDMI cable. It appears that for some reason the TV thinks my PS4 and HDMI cable are DVI?

OK thanks I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
DP50740

OK give me 5 please

Hello

Have you previously had the set working OK with the PS4?

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I've yet to be able to get sound from the PS4 only picture

This set is an old set its platforms are different from modern devices like a PS4 so just about anything can happen because of this lack of cohesion between old and new technology, the only thing you can do realistically is reset the TV to factory default to see if this remedies the situation (reset\shipping reset should be in the settings menu) if it does not then I do not think this is workable what you could do as a workaround is use the audio inputs for DVI ?I am not sure if the PS4 has the RCA audio outs?

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
But my Wii U works perfectly fine with it, no problems with sound t. And its not the PS4 because it works fine with my old TV. Doing a reset doesn't fix it.

Yes I understand perfectly what you mean I am only passing onto you the PS4 platform is not compatable with the TV the other is there will be a signal or a voltage on the HDMI that the TV does not understand coming from the PS4 but that voltage\signal will be essential for a modern TV its just the way it is and its not unusual as the platforms of software change as the years go by devices will become in-compatable, the only option outside of that will be to replace the main-board in the set but its my guess that you will have the same issue, again at the risk of you rating me badly I can only tell you the way it is, ordinarily I do not answer questions like this (I did not know what your question was) because in many cases I get rated unfairly badly

Anthony

If you want to replace the main-board and try that let me know the main-board is the complete signal processing board for the set

Many Thanks

Anthony

Please also remember the set is a 720p so you are not making full use of the FULL HD potential of the PS4 in itself another incompatability

Please note I do not receive any credit from the site until you rate the answer positively if you need more help just let me know, rating negative does not instigate a refund thank you, ***** ***** can do anything else let me know

Anthony