Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I 't have original remote tv model f27648, hooked up DVD,

Customer Question

I don't have original remote for RCA tv model f27648, hooked up DVD, had s Visio
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Lost my picture only have sound on satellite now and no dvd
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Tv has guide plus, I think that might have something to do with it won't scan for Vidio channels
JA: Our top TV Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the TV Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the TV Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Is the TV hooked to cable box and do you use cable remote to change channels?
- If you select video input for DVD, does TV display DVD logo/ home screen?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dish Joey and remote, no recognition of dvd
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

OK, it seems dish box should be rebooted.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I already called dish, tried all that. Its in the tv side that's why I'm dealing with you
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

OK, does TV display menu screen when press menu button?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Only on front of tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

I'm asking do the menu graphics come up on TV screen when hit menu button on TV front?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I bought tv used but used to sell these at a rent to own store. There used to be some trick where you pressed two buttons on front for do many seconds and it reset everything but can't remember
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

OK, let me repost this question so other experts can have a look and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you further to reset the TV.

I'm opting out.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I used to have a new one (tv) of these digging around I found an owners guide am checking it now