Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a sansui tv and it is flashing different colors. How

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a sansui tv and it is flashing different colors. How do I fix it? Thank you
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The tv will not respond to the remote. It is flashing white, red, green, blue, black in a continuous loop
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: That is it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, This occurs when the TV is inadvertently put into color "Test Mode" which usually occurs when a universal remote is being programmed, but can also happen when the TV's mainboard fails. That said, what is the model number off of the back of the TV and when/how did this occur?