Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Have a 32 inch vizeo,picture shut off, screens blue but no

Customer Question

have a 32 inch vizeo,picture shut off, screens blue but no picture
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to help, I will need to ask you for more information.

1) When you turn the TV on does the Vizio welcome screen show up?

2) How long have you owned the TV for?

3) Does the sound on the TV still work?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no vizio welcome screen,had the tv for about a year,no sound or picture
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Tank you for the reply. If there's no Vizio welcome screen, then this indicates a hardware failure within the TV- since the Vizio screen is "Native" to the TV, meaning it will come on regardless of connections/settings, etc.

Are you just UNDER (within warranty), or just OVER (out of warranty) the one year mark with this TV please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no warranty
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Okay, this is bad news and generally requires replacement of a component in the TV (the mainboard or power board being the most common and likely cause of this).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
still not getting anything but blue screen
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Does this blue screen occur as soon as the set is plugged in- or only after the power button was pressed?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
when I press power button
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that, and there is nothing else we can try on a user level to fix this. If the Vizio welcome screen and the internal native MENU's will not display then there's no settings/adjustments we can even access to try to fix this. The set requires hardware repairs. The most common culprit is the power supply board in the set- since you have the power up command but no LCD processing. The next likely culprit is the Mainboard. If this is something you're looking to repair yourself, then you will replace your power board first. Let me know if you need assistance with that.

Otherwise you're generally looking at $200 parts and labor for this type of repair and a shop can be located at the link below if you'd like:

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you it was worth a shot.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

You're welcome. You can also try leaving the set unplugged for several hours (overnight is best) in the hopes that it resets. However beyond that it does require service to the TV.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?