Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Samsung 46" TV and all is well, except no sound

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 46" TV and all is well, except no sound from 2 channels. This happened suddenly. As I have another which is working fine. This tells me that it's not the cable service, but the problem is within the TV. Is there anything I can do before calling the repair service? I've unplugged and re plugged all the lines without any improvement
Thank you in advance for your advice.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Do you receive your channel broadcasts from a Cable Box- or direct cable from the wall to the TV? What remote do you use to change channels please?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

This tells us if the root cause of the problem is your TV or your Cable/SAT box- since when using a box between the wall and the TV all channel audio processing occurs in the box itself- not the TV. The TV doesn't know what channel it's on. Please answer back so we can continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Did you need assistance with this?

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Does this happen with all sources/inputs? (dvd, game, tv, apps, etc)?
Is there a cable/satellite box, or how are you getting your tv stations?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

I appreciate that another expert has offered to help you, and please do reply back to my original post so that I can continue to help here.