Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Trying to change imput to HM1 FRONT and when I t select

Customer Question

Trying to change imput to HM1 FRONT and when I hit select nothing happens. Has been working fine until yesterday
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. In order to help I need to ask for more info.

1) What is the model number off of the back of the TV?

2) What is plugged into HDMI 1 Front on the TV (brand and model of device please)?

3) What remote is it you're trying to use right now?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can' get to the back of TV it is sturdly on the wall
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2) Roku
3) TV remote
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi Mamie and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Hitachi TV.

Still, there is a partial test to confirm if the Hitachi TV remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera.

No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.

On the otherhand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself or a configuration issue.

Please post back results of camera test.