Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I have a Mitsubishi WD-82737 TV and I have and Black spots

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi WD-82737 TV and I have White and Black spots in the picture and the picture is getting dark.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: thats all, little spots and its not as bright as it used to be. I think the bulb is going bad and maybe the optic board
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no ma'am
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.

Did the spots issue and the dark issue happen at the same time ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
over time

The problem is a failing light engine namely the DLP chip itself, its this chip that produces the picture and on-board this chip are thousands of micromirrors that "swivel" with picture content, when they "stick" they reflect light back from the lamp as a white dot or if facing away from the lamp a black dot, the solution is to replace this chip here is a video to show you how

The chip is available for about $200 from or

If you cant do this yourself a tech would charge about $600 for the work you can locate a tech in your area by using this link

Before doing anything though it may be worth ringing mitsy as at one time they were covering this even out of warrenty indicate you have the "DLP chip white spot fault"
Here is the number(###) ###-####br />
The issue where the pic is dark I believe that to be the lamp failing so you will need an OEM lamp too you can get one of those from

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS

Many Thanks

Do you still have anymore questions about this please?

I have answered this question do you still need anymore help please?

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 months ago.

Do you still need help with this please?please let me know or if you are happy with the info I have supplied could you please rate the answer 3 to 5 stars so I receive funds from the site thanks again