Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Sue My LT40151 mitsubishi tv the sound does not come on when

Customer Question

Sue My LT40151 mitsubishi tv the sound does not come on when I first turn it on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2009 49 inch unisex flat screen
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

How are you viewing TV services please?satellite\cable box\cable straight no box\antenna?

Do you have any other inputs connected please like a DVD player?

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Cable. Xfinity/comcast no other appliances. Just cable box and modem
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No dvd

OK what we need to do is eliminate the box from the TV, you see most of the processing for the sound is carried out by the box and amplified in the TV, so before we get involved with you trying another input (that you have not got) please try a reboot of the box and the TV by unplugging both from the wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again let me know if there is any change please before we move on

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Anthony. I did that and it works...it just keeps happening

OK do you have another input to try ?can you get a DVD player or similar even an old VCR because I need to know if it does the same using that just so we can eliminate the box?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What I mean is when the TV is off for a while and I turn it on there is no sound...I do unplug it and leave off for a minute and then it works...next time I will leave it off 5 m

Yes I understand but we still need to eliminate the box please see my reply above, if it does the same with another input we know for sure it is the TV and we move on from there, we have to do this ourselves in the field I carry a sharp dvd player hd

How is this working out please

Anthony

Do you still need help with this please?please let me know or if you are happy with the info I have supplied could you please rate the answer 3 to 5 stars so I receive funds from the site thanks again

Anthony