Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

My power light keeps flashing, The light where it usually

Customer Question

My power light keeps flashing
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The light where it usually stays red is solid red but keeps flashing white, there is no picture or anything, it will not turn on at all the TV is brand new and I haven't used it, I turned it on then it updated and then it went off and has been doing this since
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: Our top TV Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the TV Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the TV Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

That will be SV470XVT or SV471XVT

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Sorry , not sure what happened here , wasn`t supposed to post here .

Can you give me the TV's model number ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

O.k then that's a sharp tv and you say that it stopped working after an update ?

How did it do its update , through the cable system or you already had it online ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It was connected to my wireless Internet and I had to use a USB to update it and then it just cut off, now the power light on the TV is flashing and it won't come on, it's a brand new TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

O.k then I got something for you to try ;

Pull out the power cord at the mains and then press and hold at the same time INPUT and VOLUME DOWN directly on the tv while you plug back the power cord.

Let me know if it comes on with the letter K on the screen

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no input button I have volume, channel, source, menu and standby
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Source and input are the same thing

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nope it's still flashing
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

O.k then if this procedure doesn`t work and from what you told me so far then something went very wrong with this tv .

No worry though , you can simply pack it up and take it back to the store where you bought it for an exchange or refund , not a repair if it is less than a month since you bought it

This is beyond some sort of reset now , you just tried the ultimate reset for these sharps .

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you