Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

REMOTE CONTROL LOCKED ON INPUT,OPTIONS,DISPLAY. HELP

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first can you tell me what you are trying to do with this " HOLD POWER ON CONTINUOUSLY, PRESS 1" ?

Is that some remote you are trying to program for the tv , like the cable box remote perhaps ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PG IN MANUAL PG 45. HAND HELD REMOTE FROM SONY SUPPLIMENTARY HAND HELD THAT RESPONDS TO TV, CABLE SELECTIONS AS CABLE RECORDINGS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE MANUAL MENTIONED AN UNLOCKED PROCEDURE BUT DID NOT GIVE CREDENCE TO WAY TO UNLOCK
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

The tv is locked ?

As in parental lock ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Are you trying to reset the tv ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If so then just yes or no will do please ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM SURE I PUSHED A BUTTON OR BUTTONS THAT LOCKED THE SONY HAND HELD I HAVE BEEN GIVEN NO SOLUTION TO ANYTHING TYPED. I AM ON LIMITED INCOME, 81 YEARS OLD AND COULD NOT HAVE AFFORDED THE FIRST CHAARGE. IF A SIMPLE ANSWER TO UNLOCKING CAN BE GIVEN, THIS SHOULD BE SUFFICIENT!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DO YOU HAVE A RESPONSE TO MY LAST INFORMATION?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I will give you a procedure that will bring the tv back to factory default and that will reset any locks you may have set , you will need to do the first time setup as if the t was brand new

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE GIVEN YOU ALL I KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEM!
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Can you see my reply above ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT SOLUTION COULD YOU GIVE ME OVER THE PHONE THAT YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN ME NOW?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

if you received a phone offer it was automated from the web site ,not from me and now please wait until i type this down , every times you send something i have to restart

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Turn on the TV. While holding down the arrow UP on the remote control, press POWER on the TV (not the remote)
The TV will turn itself off, then back on again
Now release the arrow UP and the tv will be back to factory default , just do the first time setup and you`re done

Let me know how that goes and if that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you