Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

I have several Hospitality TVs with the same problem. The

Customer Question

I have several Phillips Hospitality TVs with the same problem.
The brightness is dark on all sets and when we turn up to max. 99 it still not very bright
Model 37HFL5560L/27
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

1) How long have you owned the set3 for and when did the problem occur?
2) What is connected to the TV for sources (cable box, DVD player, etc.), and does this issue occur regardless of which source you're viewing from?
3) If you press MENU using the original TV remote, or the MENU button on the TV itself- does the MENU display normally or also dark?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i have 16 of these cvs with same there a setting with the hospitality cvs that want allow you to reset brightness
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , different tech. here
Perhaps I can help you with this problem.

Let me know if you still need help with this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

If you ever come around to see this , here is something that may help ;

You will need to enter the setup menu for this with the master remote if you haven`t done that already ;

Open the menu and go to CONFIGURATION , open that and go to AMBILIGHT and open it.
You will see different items in there to setup the ambilight effect so i will explain what this ambilight does ;
Mainly it will adjust the brightness and have some effect on the colors depending on the room lighting so it works directly on the brightness of the screen , turning it down (the brightness) at low light level (night) and up when the sun is in the room for example.
This means that even if you turn up the brightness all the way up like you did ,it will have little effect as this ambilight takes control of it.
So in that ambilight menu you may try first to turn it off completely and see what that does or you can set its MODE to MODERATE for example.
Try it either ways and note that once you turn it off you may have to re-adjust the brightness level, it may be too high now.
Another item that could be in play here but that is not on all models is the VIDEO ADJUSTMENTS , if yours has it then take a look in there , there may presets video modes like CINEMA,GAMES,SPORTS ,VIVID etc. if so then try those as well.

Let me know if you have other questions and if that does the trick then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

I see that you came around to look at my answer

Let me know how that went and if that did the trick or at least get some acceptable results please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.

Thanks for understanding