Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm ***** *****. I have a Panasonic TV model #PT-56LCZ70. It

Customer Question

Hi, I'm ***** *****. I have a Panasonic TV model #PT-56LCZ70. It turns off and back on again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sometimes within minutes of turning it on, but mostly after it's been on for a while. After that it's very random. Sometimes seconds within it powering off and back on again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me exactly what lights you see on the front display?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When the TV turns off the power light blinks red about 8-10 times then the TV turns back on.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

I need to know exactly what you see - specifically which lights (there should be more than 1), which color, and the exact pattern (number of blinks). They all mean different things so having complete and accurate information is critical to resolving this.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The TV is not turning off and on at the moment, but when it does there is only the red light that flashes, about 1 second in between (10) flashes.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for confirming. The issue of not turning off, or getting the red flashing just means that it is cooling and starting to shut down.

I'm more concerned about turning off and on again though, as that points to a deeper hardware problem.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It definitely turning all the way off then back on. Sometimes it will shut off again with a few seconds and turn back on, but mostly it's after a few minutes.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Is it the POWER or the LAMP light that you are seeing flash red?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Power
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Okay next time it happens please watch it again carefully to confirm the number, as 10 actually isn't an indicator of anything, though 12345679 are.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK, will do. Thanks.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

You're welcome, let me know when you have a chance. You can bookmark this page to get back to me later as I realize it may be an intermittent problem.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?