Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

I have a Samsung Led DLP TV. When I turn it on the fans run,

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Led DLP TV. When I turn it on the fans run, the screen flashed dimly a couple of times but stays mostly dark, the front led light flashes 10-15 times then goes out, no picture or sound, after 4-5 minuets the set turns off and red standby light comes on. I can hit the power button and process repeats.
Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

The specific number and patterb of the blnks will identify the error. You would have to count those exactly to get any information from it. But on these TVs the most common problem is faulty capacitors on the power supply. You can check these with a visual inspection initially. Take a look at the boards and check for bulging or leaking capacitors. If any capacitors are not completely flat on the top, they will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I purchased a service manual and there are no specific blink codes, and three lights are normal, I checked the capacitors first thing w/esr meter and output voltages are ok.

I would also visually check the caps, as I suggested.

The blinks do mean something. Can you please count the number of times it blinks? Or does it vary?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I did visually check the caps on both power boards, and actually changed 3 small problem caps that checked marginal. The blinking light is the led light blinking green and it varies, sometimes 10 blinks, sometimes less, then no lights for several minuets till TV shuts down and then get red standby light.

Thanks

Can you hear the fan running? If not, it could be the fan. If you do hear the fan running, then the lamp may need to be replaced. The behavior you describe will happen when either the lamp or the fan fail.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I mentioned in my first post that the fans were running and its a led DLP, there is no lamp, a red, blue, and green led, and you can see they are on when the set is running.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Relist: Other.
He asks a question, I reply, he wants me to rate to finish. He just leaves you hanging and his responses are general and don't apply to the TV in question.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

You provide no answers to my responses but want me to rate to finish!