Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I am trying to hook up iKonvert digital converter box to my

I am trying to hook up iKonvert digital converter box to my Mitsubishi vs-50111 tv with out any luck. Any assist would be great?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. There's many different ways you can connect this box to your TV as it has many different types of outputs on it. Currently what cables and jacks are you using/plugged into?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

No thank you, ***** ***** take a phone call right now. If you'd like to continue, please reply back on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you can just tell me what color cables you have plugged into what ports on the TV we can proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One coaxial cable from tv to iconvert
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. On the back of your Ikonvert box, do you see a set of jacks that are colored Red,White and Yellow please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, you don't want to use the coaxial cable on this TV.

Remove that cable and instead run a set of Red,White and Yellow "RCA-style" cables (the ones that fit these jacks), to the back of the TV, where the jacks are labeled "Input 1".

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

None? You lost me. You replied "Yes", then replied "None". Please elaborate what you're saying here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have my cable , I'll have to find a set of those cables.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Plug those in instead to the jacks on Input 1- back of the TV.

Then the other ends into the RWY jacks on the TV.

Then use the Mitsubishi remote's "Input" button to select "Input 1" and you'll see the setup screen for the Ikonverter box show up on your TV.

From there you'll use the Ikonvert remote to run through the setup prompted on your TV screen.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is done
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

What is done? I provided all of the steps above including running through the setup on the Ik box. So where exactly are you stuck?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

What have you done exactly so far? You have the cables connected, did you select Input 1 on the Mits? If so, what do you see on your screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am getting a no signal on a black screen
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Then you didn't plug into Input 1, or select Input 1, or you don't have the Ikonvert box plugged in or turned on.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

One of those three things are missing. So tell me what you did and I can help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is plugged in correctly And it says input one. An iconvert page showed for about 20 seconds the the no signal showed
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, something's not right here. I will need to opt out and allow someone else to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Think I got it! Thanks