Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Did you ever get fix on the PDP 5060HD issue withe plasma

Customer Question

Hi Tim. My name is Ed. Did you ever get fix on the PDP 5060HD issue withe plasma screen message 'Hold on. Plasma starting up".
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, it is about ten years old and has the media box separate. When I turn the unit on, everything seems to start up fine, but then at at the bottom of the plasma screen I get a message stating to hold on, pasma starting up. after about a minute the plasma screen switches off but the media center stays on and the blue light flashes 12 times. You had someone come to you about 5 years ago, but I tried evrything you suggested (unpluging he unit, etc.) to no avail. I was wondering if that within these last 5 years you ever found a solution.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Tim is no longer on the site, and offhand we're not able to view the original question that brought you here. However your set being stuck with the "Starting Please Wait" message is a fault in either the MR (Media Receiver) or the cabling connected to that. The 12 blink code, however is a communication failure form the MR, and means it's not receiving data from the two System cables connecting the two- again due to either the MR box failing or those cables having failed. Now, have those System cables between the MR and the PDP been moved, reconnected, etc. just prior to this problem occurring? Additionally, has this issue occurred in the past? Please reply back and we can continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Do you need assistance with this?