Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Sharp LC-60LE755U TV. From time to time the power

Customer Question

I have a Sharp LC-60LE755U TV. From time to time the power light blinks (one long blink followed by one short blink). I don't see any problems, but I understand this is an error code. Any idea what this might be?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no.
JA: Our top TV Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the TV Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the TV Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

When this happens , is the tv still working normally or is it in shutdown ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The TV works fine most of the time. As I stated before. The TV and audio will go blank for about a second while watching shows, but the TV never stops working.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Sorry , was locked on another post when you replied.

Did not see anything in your opening post about a blank screen , that's why I asked .

Now when you say blank , do you mean a dark screen or just no picture but lit screen ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

That code is not good I must say , in the service manual it is labeled as PNL_ERR , panel error / and that points to the built in lamps /CCFL`s

In other words the lcd panel is acting up , this is considered a HIGH failure .

Does it seems to get worse with time ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Only possible other culprit in this case would be the inverter board that drives those lamps .

On an intermittent problem like you have now the only way to know for sure is to try that board or to wait until complete failure .

If you are interested I will find that board for you and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver then this is Plug&Play , no solder or adjutments and no special tools required , just a Philips screwdriver

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Here is a link where you can get that board part #RUNTKB116WJQZ for $50 ;

http://www.tvtechparts.com/RUNTKB116WJQZ-Power-supply-for-Sharp-LC60LE757U_p_4224.html

By the way , never mind the model number listed there , that board is found in the models LC-60LE857U, LC-60LE750U, LC-60LE755U and more

Here is another one ; http://www.ftvparts.com/products/sharp-runtkb116wjqz-power-supply-dps204ep-1-a-2950322102.html

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you