Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My speaker is making a popping and noise and this just

Customer Question

My speaker is making a popping and noise and this just happened. It was working fine 20 mins ago.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I turned the television on and placed it on mute as I was on the phone. I went to take it off of mute and the speaker is now making a loud popping sound. As if it's about to go out but my television screen is fine. I can see the picture clearly.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Is that popping sound dependent on the volume control ?

What I mean is if you turn down the volume does it stop or it has no effect on it ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

I would also require the tv`s model number please ?