Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a 42" LG tv - the model number on the back is

Customer Question

Hello - I have a 42" LG tv - the model number on the back is 42LD550-UB.cuswlh. It has always worked great but in the last few days the picture and sound have not been working properly. The sound cuts in and out and the picture scrambles and is all broken up. It's been happening more each day and today the picture is completely scrambled and the sound is garbled. The HDMI connection is fine, and I made sure all the wires were properly connected. Please advise. Thank you very much.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

1. Who is your tv channel provider?

2. Do you change channels with the LG tv remote or with the channel provider's remote?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in Delaware and the supplier is COMCAST. I use the COMCAST remote to change the channels.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

The good news is there is nothing wrong with your tv. This is going to be an issue with the Comcast signal or the box. One quick thing you can try is unplugging the power cord of the comcast box for a few minutes. If that does not help then you need to get comcast tech out to the house and check the signal to this box and/or replace the box (note: performance of other tvs/boxes in the house does not have any bearing on this tv/box).

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).

Thank you,