Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have the dots appearing on my 82 in projection tv. any

Customer Question

i have the white dots appearing on my 82 in projection tv. any idea how to fix it. mitsubishi
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: there small white dots appearing on the screen. seems to be about 14 at this time.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I took the back off yesterday, and cleaned the mirror, and the lamp inside and the lamp removeable from the outside
JA: Our top TV Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the TV Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the TV Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

The problem is a failing light engine namely the DLP chip itself, its this chip that produces the picture and on-board this chip are thousands of micromirrors that "swivel" with picture content, when they "stick" they reflect light back from the lamp as a white dot or if facing away from the lamp a black dot, the solution is to replace this chip here is a video to show you how

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx8K_Q8PNWs&feature=related

The chip is available for about $200 from www.shopjimmy.com or www.encompassparts.com

If you cant do this yourself a tech would charge about $600 for the work you can locate a tech in your area by using this link www.tvrepairpros.com

Before doing anything though it may be worth ringing mitsy as at one time they were covering this even out of warranty indicate you have the "DLP chip white spot fault"
Here is the number(###) ###-####br />
Sorry its nothing easier

Let me know if you need more help, the question never closes

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS

Many Thanks

Anthony

Can you see my reply above please?

Do you have any more questions regarding this issue please?

Anthony

Many Thanks

Anthony