Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I just moved and now my tv doesn't stay on the source I want

Customer Question

I just moved and now my tv doesn't stay on the source I want it to stay on. It goes back to tv mode and starts searching through the channels. It never did this before now. what do I do to stop this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When connected to ps4, wii u, blue ray player, cable, it stays on for a while than switches back to tv mode and starts running through the available channels and I can' do anything until it stops.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

Does TV display picture of connected video device when select that source?

For example, you select HDMI input source, does it show picture of bluray/ ps4 for a while then goes back to TV mode?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

OK, it seems control buttons issue located on TV itself as one button might be sticky and causing the TV to revert back to TV mode which is default input source. Please check control buttons on TV to see if any one might be depressed permanently/ or stuck for some reason.

Press each control button on TV as each button would press with soft click, do you hear/ feel that click?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All buttons seem normal.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

OK, please recheck connection cables run between TV and connected video devices, unplug TV and video devices power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset them, replug back in, turn them On and check.

Does it help to resolve the issue?

If problem persist then we will check connection setup again.

Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.