Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

Sony kds-60a2000 turn on power, light flashes then red

Customer Question

Sony kds-60a2000 turn on power, green light flashes then red flashes, no power or picture. Fan starts then shuts off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you please tell me exactly which lights you see, and any pattern you see to them?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I hit the power button and the green light next to the power flashes the fan turns on then turns off quickly after about 20 blinks of green it starts blinking red until I shut the TV off
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I initially hit the power button I hear a click which seems to be pretty normal but when I shut the TV off and try turning it on and off again several times I don't hear anything just the flashing lights
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Can you please watch that light very carefully and count the number of blinks (for example flash 5 times, pause, 5 more, etc)?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, doing it now
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** be somewhere between 2 and 9 blinks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
3 green blinks, pause, 48 green blinks then red blinking where it says lamp
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for confirming.

2 possible issues here - the green one means that the lamp cover is not closed securely. The lamp one means the lamp is bad and needs to be replaced, which could just be because of the cover though.

Open the lamp cover, pull the lamp/cartridge out and put it back securely, then close the cover down tight and try to turn on again.

If no change, you'd next need to replace the lamp:

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, gonna try
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** know how it works out.