Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Samsung smart tv. Although my wireless internet is

Customer Question

I have a Samsung smart tv. Although my wireless internet is working fine, I cannot get the TV to connect to the Internet.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Does it show that it is connecting to your home network (lan) but just not getting to the internet?
If so, can you try going into the network settings and manually set the DNS address to 8.8.8.8 and let me know if that helps? If not, we'll run through some other steps.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It says to set up the wireless network by selecting your Wireless Router. And the next choice is Next or Cancel. Then it starts checking the network environment and goes back to the previous screen.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is no option for the wireless router
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

You don't see any routers in the list of available network?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Did that ever work previously?
The networks should show under Wireless Lan or WAN.

If you see none, that indicates a tv problem in most cases.

How far is the tv from your router?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It worked when the TV was new. It had a wireless connection and I have not moved the router. It says checking wireless network environment and then backs out to Network Settings with the four options. Finally it switches to all the options, Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, etc. if I try to select any of them I get the message "Network Interference Occured. Please try again later"
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Okay, how far is the tv from the router?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The router is downstairs directly below the TV.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Okay there are a few possible causes of this issue. The most likely is a hardware problem with the tvs internal wifi adapter.

This could also be firmware related however.

The best way to address both issues, both from a diagnostic perspective and a potential fix, is to plug the tv into the router via a wired ethernet connection, even if just temporarily so we can test for functionality and allow the tv to update. Would you be able to do this, even if it involves running a long cord or temporarily moving the tv?