Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My LG tv model 42GA6400 turns on can see the icon light up

Customer Question

My LG tv model 42GA6400 turns on for I can see the icon light up in the front but no picture just black screen what can be the problem was working well till this happen.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** said you can see the screen light at turn on, does the screen go completely out? are able you to bring up the menu using the LG TV remote?

Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.

It seems your off line and not able to respond, please respond when you get a chance I will reply, I need to know if the screen is lit or not, can you see the menu? Are you looking to trouble shoot this issue your self using a digital meter? Also I will need the complete service code from the back of the TV?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Service code is 42GA6400-UDBUSYLMR and the screen is totally black nothing shows.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The part tha lights it the LG symble on the front only
Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.

Okay you most likely have a back light failure that can be caused by a defective power supply or a defective LCD panel (screen) Do you want to try and trouble shoot yourself? you will need a digital meter and the ability to test live voltages? I am on line usually on Sundays or at night we could make an appointment and I will gladly work with you or I could give you a best and worse case estimate for the repair?