Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a 62" TV. There is a blue light that is "on" when the

Customer Question

I have a 62" TV. There is a blue light that is "on" when the TV is on. Now there is a pink light on and I can not turn the TV on. What can I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please start by telling what the model number is ***** of the back of this TV? All we can see right now is you have a 62" TV but we know nothing else about it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a Toshiba 62' tv. Will take a minute to get the model number. I can't get the number.
I am 69 years old
I'll wait untill my son gets home. the tv is too big. will call back later
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. These larger Toshiba sets generally use replaceable Lamps (I know the 62" was a common model to use a Lamp), and the Red Light coming on generally points to the Lamp having failed. I can dig deeper once I have the model number.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

You can reply back here at anytime by, Bookmarking the Page/Add to Favorites, logging onto, then clicking on "My Questions", or by clicking on any of the links in the Reply E-mails the site sends you.