Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

My name is ***** *****. I have a Samsung PN50C550G1FXGA

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a Samsung PN50C550G1FXGA which powers on and plays the startup chime, but has no picture and seems nonfunctional otherwise. I have measured the VS and VA test pins, but the voltage starts a bit too high and drops rapidly to near zero (slowing down as it drops). Also, most other voltages are too high. 15V is 22V, 5.3 is 8, etc
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Standby LED is on when I first plug it in. One click when I turn it on, but no other clicking besides.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

The fluctuating voltage is a concern.

You should try replacing the power supply board and then test the voltages again - let me know if there is any improvement.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok-- new power supply has been ordered.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Don't forget to leave a rating for my service so I am credited for my time..

You can still reply back here after rating my service :)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Power supply arrived today. Unfortunately this did not solve my issue. Still too much voltage on D15 and 5.3V, and VA and VS still drop rapidly.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
Please reply back if you still need assistance.